Monday, June 14, 2010

Advertising

A great place to see vintage fashions is in advertising. There is a fabulous book I'm drooling over, Fashion of the 20th Century: 100 Years of Fashion Ads. Until then, I will be content to surf google. Here is some of what I found.



Who doesn't want a vacuum for Christmas? Check out the print on her dress. So cute!



Look at all of the stylish winter outer garments in this add.



Another coke add. :)



Love the hair and the cute white lace top!

I also learned that Duke has an ad archive from 1911-1955. I haven't had time to do too much digging there but I hope to soon. I hope there are some nice World War I and II related things. I find old war posters so adorable and patriotic!

1 comment:

  1. Vintage advertisements are always so beautiful! I find myself making searches and just looking at different ads for hours, lol!

    Love,
    Aya of Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete