Sunday, July 11, 2010

Snapshot: 1945

I love pictures of everyday people from the past. Just like how today's movie stars and models look far more glamorous and perfect than we do, the stars and models of the past. So here is a quick set of snapshots from 1945.


I love this group of school pictures.
Just look at all of the fabulous hair dos!


Cheerleaders!


Here's a picture of me playing a 50's cheerleader
in my high school's production of Zombie Prom.
I'm the one holding the "Why? Why? Why?" sign.
I think we did a pretty good job considering our budget.


A school dance.

Boys love a cute school girl.

A couple on a date. Check out her pompadour!

Two girl friends hanging out. I love their outfits!

And for comparison, Miss Norma Jean posing for a magazine cover.

Hope you enjoyed!

3 comments:

  1. I'm digging the hair! Seriously...why don't we wear our hair like that? Thanks for posting the pictures! I love your blog! It is so unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! Can I save these pictures for my own "Old Photos" collection? They're amazing!

    ReplyDelete