Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fall/Winter Wardrobe Inspiration

Even though it's still been in the 90's this week, I can't help but start dreaming about fabulous fall outfits! My goals for the next two seasons is to 1) have a plan for my wardrobe, 2) start sewing more of my wardrobe, 3) not buy any clothes in stores unless I'm thrifting (at least till after Christmas!), and 4) finding great new ways to wear the clothes I already have! I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I buy things and then never wear them because I don't know what to wear them with! Perhaps I should not wait until I'm rushing to get ready for school to think about my outfits!

1) Warm winter skirts

I love wearing skirts! I'm trying to wear them as much as possible since I'm graduating in May and my career isn't exactly skirt friendly....The ensemble in the top right I actually own, but I haven't worn it yet. I bought it over the summer and it's been way to hot to even think about it, but I can't wait to break it out!

2) Knee Socks

I've never actually worn a pair of knee socks but they are so cute! I've been trying to add tights to my wardrobe and I think these will fall in right next to my tights. I love the tight/knee sock combo in the top right. The bottom left pair looks super warm! Just what I need for walking around campus in the snow.

3) Circle Skirts

I do own one of these. (That's me up in the top right.) But Casey of Casey's Elegant Musings (bottom left) shared one she made on her blog and I decided that I needed about five more! I figure that I can at least have one for each season and maybe a really fun novelty one like the Lady and the Tramp skirt in the top left. Or like this Siamese cat one Vixen Vintage owns.

4)Vintage Pants

I have quite a few pairs of pants but no vintage ones! I love the way the high waist makes you look so long and leggy! I don't really like 50's jeans but I'd love a pair of 30's slacks. Buttons on the side I think are a must.

5)Sweaters

Sweaters are such great layering pieces and a gal can never have enough of them. I don't think I'll be knitting my own any time soon, but I'm hoping to be able to thrift some really great ones. I've also bought a couple of (modern) sweaters over the summer that I can't wait to wear. The girl in the top and bottom left photos is Syd, The Golden Girl of the West, whose blog I found while looking for sweater pictures online. Besides having great sweaters, she's got a lovely blog.

6)Jumpers

I think jumpers are so cute! I've had my eye on that red one from Jitterbuggin for a while but it's just not been in the budget. I think they'd be great for layering as you can wear short sleeves or long sleeves and a sweater. I'd love to make one of these for myself! I have zero of these in my closet, which is a problem that needs to be resolved asap!

What are your fall/winter must haves?

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to beak out my sweater dress and turtleneck sweaters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! I've been trying to come up with the pieces I need to build my wardrobe and your post has helped me tremendously. :)

    ReplyDelete