Thursday, January 20, 2011

A dress to take away the blues

Oh, today has been a crazy day. I needed something comforting to make me feel better, so I've been perusing photos of The Notebook. I'm reading the book for the first time. I love the movie and I think I'll probably watch it tomorrow while my hubby is at work. I've decided that I really love this dress and think I should make myself one.

This is, of course, the famous blue dress from the film in which Allie and Noah get caught in the rain and end up making out. It's not really that complicated of a dress, just a shirt waist dress with a self fabric belt, some sort of blue floral on the cuff and covering the buttons. So 1940s though.

It was quite difficult to find a good picture of this dress that was not soaking wet. But I like this one as it shows her shoes and darling vintage luggage!

Do you have a favorite dress from The Notebook or another film that you'd love to have?

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've had a bad day. Hope the film cheers you up! This dress is lovely - you should definitely make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - this dress is amazing and you use sky blue color is cool Its really helpful for me, hope u have a wonderful day keep blogging

    First Communion Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with this dress! If you ever make it, please let me know how you did it, I've looked for similar ones in stores and online but nothing matches up. The simplicity makes it beautiful.

    ReplyDelete