Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Snood Challenge

Last night was my church's Valentine's Day Dinner and Movie. They always show an old black and white film. They usually pick a good one and the one last evening was quite funny. I suspect there will be a movie review soon and an outfit post. Anyways, I felt like going in full vintage get up-including my snood! My husband was not amused. So, we had a nice little discussion on the way over to church. And he gave me a challenge-find five ladies wearing snoods in the 40's styles and he'd wouldn't give me anymore grief about them being "Renaissance-y" (even though they did wear snoods then too) or just weird.

So here they are:

1. Brittany of Va-Voom Vintage

Brittany has many lovely outfit posts with snoods. She was the one who first inspired me to take the plunge and get one!

2. Ashley of Lisa Freemont Street

Ashley is another snood sporting gal. She already has a couple of snood style tutorials on her youtube with more to come!

3. Casey's Elegant Musings
Casey went as far as to make her own snoods! Too bad I don't need another hobby!

4. Solanah of Vixen Vintage

Solanah is better known for her adorable pincurls, but has been seen sporting a snood as well. Here, she has on a fine, evening style snood with several flowers.

5. Aya of Strawberry Koi


Although Aya has shorter hair now, here she is back in 2009 sporting a snood.

6. Syd of Golden Girl of the West

Syd lives in Arizona and often sports snoods in the summer to combat the hot, humid days. I suspect that I'll be following her example this summer.

7. Super Kawaii Mama

SKM is always glamorous! Here she sports a lovely purpley pink snood.

Note: Pictures are properties of the lovely ladies pictured in them. Click the link to see their posts featuring these snood-y looks.

And here are some vintage ladies sporting snoods as well.


Love the bow!


Girls rocking the power tools!


A snood looking classy.

So, what do you think? Are snoods a yay or nay? Do you sport snoods? Are there any snood sporting gals that you admire?

5 comments:

  1. I love, love, love snoods!

    On my blog you can also find piccies of me with a snood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love snoods on other people but I doubt I would ever wear one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love snoods on other people but can never get the look right for some reason or another. I got mine online from Arthelias Attic Etsy Shop, and it`s lovely, but I just stare at it!

    I am also trying to actively wear more vintage on a day to day basis, it`s comforting to see others doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Amanda
    I got mine from Arthelias Attic too! And I just bought two more. I have to admit that this is the first time I've worn it out since I bought it last summer (well... except to the Renaissance Fair, but nobody cares what you wear there.). I loved it so much I had to get some more. Maybe you just need to work up to it a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete