Monday, March 14, 2011

Modern Nautical

Last week, I brought you some lovely vintage nautical inspiration. So, this week I thought I'd bring you some modern inspiration. Some is vintage inspired and some is not.

Love the red stripes of this simple, cute dress.

This vintage inspired skirt has great buttons!

I know I should be thinking summer, but this 3/4 length jacket is too awesome.

Forever 21 always has great vintage inspired pieces, like this striped shirt and cardigan. I'm not so sure about the floral shorts, but swap in your favorite skirt or high waisted shorts for instant vintage.

Eeep! Bows! I can't wear a bow there, but it looks cute on this dainty gal.

Nautical on the runway. I love the pants!

Another jacket. I adore the little red button!

I don't really care for the top of this dress, but I love the fabric! It'd make a great circle skirt with that rope boarder.

And, last but not least, no nautical wardrobe is complete without great shoes!

I'm thinking of continuing these weekly nautical posts (not forever though...). I'm thinking some etsy round ups are in order. Let me know if there is something you'd like to see!

7 comments:

  1. oooo nautical. I swoon for Nautical. That first dress is super cute, and those shoes. gah. love nautical posts

    ReplyDelete
  2. The anchor dress is beautiful... where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving it, nautical clothes just make me happy for summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore all the stripes and the nautical theme! Great post. Love your blog!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where can I find that blue skirt with brass buttons?
    I must have!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. I especially like the white pants.

    ReplyDelete