Thursday, June 16, 2011

Let's go ride a bike!

I recently discovered that there are bike paths within biking distance of my house! Woot! Now I have somewhere nice to bike. So here are some lovely images of vintage gals biking for you. (No, I don't ever look this cute, but I can pretend.)

So cute!

These ladies look like they braved some cold on their bikes.

Early cycling enthusiasts

Biking well accessorized-scarf, hat and a letter to mail!

I wonder if these are a bunch of college girls.

Ladies biked with shorts, pants and skirts!

I've been sewing like crazy this week and hopefully my skirt will be done tomorrow. I seriously underestimated how long it would take to do 12 bound button holes. Oy. It's looking pretty cute though! How has your week been going?

3 comments:

  1. These are great! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, I wear a skirt while riding on our bike trails. I think we may be riding on the same trail. I live in Ohio and ride on the Loveland bike trail, I noticed you live in Dayton. Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post! But you really should consider citing the source of all photos that you didn't take yourself. (The ladies on the tandems came from my blog post about my growing collection of vintage photos of ladies on bikes, for example.) Happy riding!

    ReplyDelete