Sunday, August 21, 2011

Gettin' knitty!

Soon, I'll embark on an adventure into the wonderful world of knitting with the Newbie and the Knitter knit along. So, I thought I'd ask around and see if any of you knit and had any blog/post/youtube video/book suggestions for a beginner knitter. (Or anything else you could think of that I might like to know!) I spied this cute vampire themed book on amazon earlier today, which looks like it could be fun since I do enjoy Twilight! A trip to the book store may be in order, since these things are so much easier to evaluate in person!

4 comments:

  1. You should chick out Cyberseams on youtube knitting for basics. I learned to knit in less them an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knit! Once you've got the basics, I'd recommend the Sublime books. The patterns are simple but lovely, and the making up instructions are really good. Even if you don't know anyone with a baby, make a few baby garments as they have all the shaping and details of adult garments, so are really good practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. knittinghelp.com has helped me out in the past. I didn't use it to learn how to knit in general, but I have used it for specific things, like how to properly purl, increase, decrease, cast on, etc. They have videos, which help a lot if you're a visual learner like me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had a look through the Vampire Knits book while I was in the US, and if it hadn't had been a backpacking trip, I would have bought it. The knits are really cute. :)

    ReplyDelete