Tuesday, August 16, 2011

More fall sewing musings

My brain is into full fall sewing mode! The weather has been very fall like the last week and a half (which is rather odd for this time of year here, but I'm not complaining!) I've done a bit of shopping and a lot of planning as I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel for my Renaissance dress. Here are some of my fashion musings for the up coming season.

First up, suits!

I'm planning on making up the retro Simplicity pattern in the center, although I may forgo the pants in favor of another pattern that I already know fits. I've already picked up some lovely warm grey houndstooth for this.

A circle skirt is definitely on my to sew list as the lovely Casey, pictured bottom left, is hosting a sew along. I also picked up some lovely brown twill for this project for $5/yd on clearance at Jo-Anns.

I'm also planning on whipping up a 1950s style jumper in a lovely grey wool blend. I just have to decide the best way to prewash it as it is dry clean only, but I'd really rather avoid dry cleaning it.

Those are all of the bits that are for sure but here are some other things that inspire me. I had originally planned on a completely 1930s inspired fall sewing plan but now I've got 1910s, 1930s, 1940s and 1950s in the mix plus my first knit along!

What has inspired your fall sewing and wardrobe? Are you ready for fall or are you still clinging on to summer?

2 comments:

  1. I have somewhat relunctantly moved into fall. It is my favorite season but I do hate leave summer behind....sigh. Please show us your fabrics, your plan look fun and sylish as always.

    I have a link on how to make those Catherine Hepburn trousers....I am pretty sure and your wool can be pre-washed by wetting out and line drying, just be careful about your grain when hanging so it does not go wonky on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jumper idea! I haven't thought about fall sewing a lot, yet, besides the left-over dresses from last year's to-sew list...

    ReplyDelete