Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Orange you glad to see me

Not only is orange a great fall color, it's a fab color for the up coming Thanksgiving holiday! So here's some lovely orange fashion inspiration from the 30s to the 50s.

Yummy 30s fashion. I love the plaid dress!

Orange accessories!

No orange in your closet? Try an great apron.

Orange and polka dots is classy.

Told you so!

Not a fan of orange on yourself? Try it in a print with contrast at the neckline.

It's a great coat color.

Looks great in a sweater!

White details really pop!

Check out the scalloped neckline.

I love dresses with matching boleros.

I love the whimsy of the polka dot dress. Looks like it has rick rack trim.

What's your take on the color orange? Hate it or love it?

7 comments:

  1. I used to hate it but now I love it! I tend to do more of a muted orange. I love it paired with brown, cream, black, olive green or believe it or not....aqua!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I love orange this time of year. I love anything pumpkin colored or pumpkin flavoured. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My school colors are maroon and orange, and after a while everyone here sorts their laundry into those two colors. I love that there is a lot of orange vintage dresses, from an era earlier than the sixties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Brittany

    A couple of months ago, I got a great aqua sweater and I've been shocked at how many colors look great with it! It's a neutral in disguise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love orange, though I own almost none of it! I've lately been thinking I should incorporate more of it into my wardrobe. It's a great color for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love orange! Such a great color. I like to pair it with Navy blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really is!! I had no idea till I was looking at home decor things on pinterest one day and I was really surprised at how many odd colors looked great with aqua!

    ReplyDelete