Thursday, February 23, 2012

Oh, knitting!

 I've finished knitting this sweater from A Stitch in Time Vol. 2. It's been quite a ride but I've learned a lot about knitting and I'm very happy with the finished sweater. I used darling brown plastic buttons that look like leather. I just need a cute brown belt like the one the model is wearing. The second knit up looks much better but I think a belt is just the touch it needs. Pictures to come once I get the belt.


Oh, and I'm also working on the beret in this picture.

I'm trying to decide what I want to knit next from this lovely book and these are the two I'm leaning towards with spring and summer in mind.





I'm leaning towards the lacey one because I adore the ribbon detail (and that's the one my hubby likes better).

Well, now I'm off to get knitting!

Pictures from A Stitch in Time Vol: 2 via Ravelry.com

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I wish I could knit, well, I wish I was good enough at knitting so i could actually do something...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, it turnt out fantastic, you did a really really nice job,
    ciao ciao Christa from Switzerland....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your jumper looks lovely. The 50s one will take a lot of knitting as it's done in a VERY fine yarn, but I've seen it 'in the flesh' (or, at least, in the wool) and it is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely go for the 50's demure sweater. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing, can't wait to see it! I agree, a belt will really make it. I love the one the model is wearing.

    I just finished a beret from the book (have yet to photograph it) and I think my first sweater project from it will be So Neat and Sweet. I really love both you showed but the lace-weight of the first one kind of does my head in. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a pretty slow knitter so that's another reason I'm more inclined to go with the second one. Can't wait to see your lovelies!

      Delete
  6. Gosh, I'm jealous. I really wish I had the patience to knit a sweater. I think I'd have better luck crocheting since I can do that faster, but I'm having a really hard time finding a pretty but easy pattern. Please post photos!

    -Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I was searching modcloth and getting my usual fix, when I saw this belt on there...
    {http://www.modcloth.com/shop/belts/securely-stylish-belt}
    I thought it was similar to the one in that pic with the adorable sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh love your knit sweater, looks great on! :)

    ReplyDelete