Wednesday, March 28, 2012

50s short hair for summer

 I'm getting my haircut this weekend and it's going to be short! I've been wrestling with whether to keep growing it out and getting a middy or something or chopping it off, I've decided to chop. While I won't be going near as short as last time, I really am happiest with short hair. I hate my hair long when it's not been styled vintage and I just don't do vintage everyday. You guys just get most of the vintage-y days. ;) I also miss all of my cute 50s style hair dos and hats so short hair, here I come!


I'm not a fan of the hair cut on this lady but some of the surrounding illustrations are tres cute!


I adore vintage patterns for hair and accessory inspiration.


And short hair is divine for summer!



Knitting patterns are also great for hair inspiration as they often feature live models.



7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your new hairdo! I am thinking of cutting mine a tad shorter, since summer is coming on, and mine is so long it is a bit of a burden at times. My longest layer is about 27" long now, lol! I call it my hippie hair, lol. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of me would love having long hair like that but the other part couldn't handle the growing out of it!

      Delete
    2. My hair grows really really fast. Part of the reason it is so long now is because I loathe paying money to get a haircut, lol. Strange, but true. :]

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely going short this summer too....but after I finish my gilda gown :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, can't wait to see what cut you decide on!

      Delete
  3. I've got pixie short hair at the moment and it is SO EASY I don't know why I didn't do it earlier. Looks lovely and audrey hepburn-ish with vintage clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cool! i like short hair too but just a tad longer than some of the pictues. I cant wait to see it! If you havent already, check out freevintagecrochet.com because they have a lot of cute hat patterns that look great with short hair. Most of them are for winter but there are a lot of stylish ones too. Have a great day!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete