Monday, July 30, 2012

Inspiration: 1940s Sundresses

August is almost here but that means at least another whole month of sun dress weather! The weather has finally gotten back to normal (but still hot) so I'm finally comfortable enough to think about being cute when I'm not in the ac.

I love cut on sleeves for comfort. You'll win with either the scalloped or chevron version.


I adore nautical and these separates look so light and easy.


Pinafore dresses are cute and playful.


Boleros are a great option for an event that carries on into the cooler evening.


Another pinafore dress because they are so cute!


I love the heart version!

Are you still gungho for summer or are you counting down the days till fall?

5 comments:

  1. I so want that pinafore dress.

    Anyway, I'm much more a lover of fall than summer. But I do love summer fashions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got me swooning something fierce over these fantastic forties frocks - especially the darling pinafore ones. I'd hoped to land one for this summer, but that hasn't happened yet. Hopefully I'll find a good deal on one over the chillier months and have one to sport when summer 2013 rolls around (finger crossed).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big fan of the nautical myself:) Summer is my favorite season, luv the heat and sunshine. I am a big fan of fall, but here in Wisconsin it just leads into a very long winter, so that dampen's it for me. Just don't like the cold, it's pretty, but soooo...cold:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun, I want all of them!

    http://eviestearoom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek I want them all, I love the pinafore dresses but just can't decide if they would look too young and frilly if I actually made one.

    ReplyDelete