Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Try, try again

After Tasha suggested yesterday that I search for particular years for hair dos, I had much more success in finding some cute vintage hairs!


I've noticed that a lot of these short haired ladies have strong brows.


Audrey did too! Maybe that's a secret to rocking a short do.


Also a lot were wearing hats and while that's great for my hat collection, it's not so go for taking to my stylist.


Elizabeth Taylor sported a number of cute short looks.


Short dos look great with uber chic ensembles and loads of jewelry.


I did forget to mention knitting patterns in my pattern inspiration blog yesterday.


Many of the looks feature short curls so a small barrel curling iron is a short haired vintage gal's best friend.


I adore these three ladies with curly wavy pixies!


A super short straight pixie looks fab too. This lovely lady reminds me of Quincy of Q's Daydream.


I really love the left girl's hair do. Alas, the hat's all covering it up!


More curls and giant earrings.


Pixie friends!

7 comments:

  1. Could I be mistaken, or is the lady in the leopard bathing suit, Elizabeth Taylor?

    Sarah Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. These shot 'do are sensational! I don't think any era has made short hair look more feminine or lovely than the 1950s did.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. These ladies are so elegant and chic...makes me want to chop all my hair off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That scoop neck! Forgot to mention, low cut backs to show off the neck look super great with short hair - they make your neck look really long and graceful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! I love Liz Taylor's pixie cut. I must be strong to not have mine chopped off now. Right now I'm so loving short hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Liz Taylor's pixie cut too. 'Course I love LT. What I wouldn't give for her coloring. (Yeah, the eyes.)
    When I was 5 (in 1968!), mu hair was down to my waist, and I was "tricked" into the hairdresser's chair, and came away with a pixie cut. I'm still scarred.

    ReplyDelete