Floor length or almost floor length is a must! Choose a striking color combo. Available here.
Striking draping adds a wow factor. Available here.
Consider a striking low back for a sexy movie star look. Available here.
Vogue had many fabulous evening gown patterns like this one with a structural collar. Available here.
I love the draping on the back of this dress. Available here.
This wiggle dress has a great neckline to show off your bling. Available here.
While fabulous vintage evening gown patterns can easily set you back as much as a vintage evening dress, Vogue has reprinted several evening gown patterns.
- Hats-leave them at home for this evening
- Jewelry-bring on the bling! Pick a sparkly necklace that matches the neckline of your gown.
- Shoes-Metallics are a great option. Or choose a pair that matches one of the colors in your gown.
- Hair- An elegant updo like a French twist will let your gown shine. Consider a trip to the salon (with a picture) or have a friend over to help.
- Elbow length gloves are a nice touch and show off a bracelet nicely. Consider a (faux) fur wrap or coat for winter events.
My 50s evening gown. (1)