Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Cocktail Party Month: Party Planning Part 2

Once you've assembled your guests, it's time to get the party started! Even if you don't live in a fabulous vintage home, you can set the mood with a few easy things! (Part 1 here)


Play some great music! I'm a fan of Bing Crosby and The Puppini Sisters. Both have great holiday albums out for your holiday party.


Assemble some great party favors. A tube of drug store red lipstick is a great touch. Add a string of cheap faux pearls for some glamor. (Forever 21 has them for ~$2). A sassy Anne Taintor magnet is a great reminder that vintage glamor is accesible every day!


You could also have on a great vintage holiday movie! I love White Christmas and Holiday Inn but feel free to share your favorite with your guests.

4 comments:

  1. I love The Puppini Sisters, Renee Olstead too. Do you listen to her as well??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard of Renee before but I'll definitely check her out!

      Delete
  2. Delightful tips! I adore White Christmas, too. It's my all-time favourite Christmas movies and one of my favourite movies in general, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Holiday Inn! Much more than White Christmas, I must confess. I also like The Thin Man, too. Not Christmas-themed, as much, but it takes place during Christmas and has the craziest Christmas eve party. :D

    ReplyDelete