Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Fashion and Flim: Three Coins in the Fountain

I've always wanted to travel to Europe, so technicolor 50s location films are great! Vintage fashion and fabulous locations. Three Coins in the Fountain (1954) follows three American secretaries living in Rome. They each throw a coin into a fountain and soon become romantically entangled-one with her novelist employer, one with an Italian worker at the office and one with an Italian prince.


The fountain! I just love the blue suit!


I love this yellow polkadot dress. I love the unlikely yet successful pairing with orange.


I love the green accents on this green dress! So classic!


I just love the fact that two of the three ladies have short hair!

With beautiful scenery, gorgeous 50s clothes and three great love stories, this is one film you need to catch!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Love, love that movie and all that costume ... I love sewing costumes from old movies and the polka dots dress that looks one of the girls at the beginning of the movie is on my wish list ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just watched this movie last weekend with my mom who is 70. She has the DVD that has a commentary that tells all about the fashions and how and why they were chosen. it was really fascinating. I don't think some people realize just how much deliberate thought and planning goes into the costuming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to find more examples of good vintage short haircuts - I can't wear my hair long and so these are great alternatives for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! This was on TMC last weekend! It was so cute, but I missed some of the middle. I also kept wanting the young girl to be Audrey Hepburn :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving that green dress too! Well, all of them..... but I especially love all the little details on that one!

    ReplyDelete