Monday, May 27, 2013

Pinspiration: Steampunkery

Costume College is coming! I'm trying to stay focused on making things for Costume College rather than get distracted by all of the summer wardrobe pieces I still want to make this summer. So today's pinspiration is some pretty steampunk costuming.


I just love this outfit. The actual dress itself is pretty simple looking but the accessories-corset, gun and hat (!!)- make it really special.


I love the combo of the lace dress and gold corset. A 70s Victorian/Edwardian throwback dress would be great for this look.


Look at this AMAZING leather work! Drool!


 I love this sweet steampunk look. It's got a bit of a lady explorer feel to it.


And look at this! Dieselpunk! Oh so Victorian meets 1940s service woman with a dash of mystery.

Sources for these lovelies can be found on my pinterest.

8 comments:

  1. The tooled leather is astonishing. And I love the lady explorer too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite it the last!! Love the 40s touch to it. You know that brown leather corset for your red ridding hood would be perfect with some steampunk accessories! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And there's actually a local steampunk group so I'd have people to costume with! :)

      Delete
  3. Seriously cool images! I've never dabbled in the steampunk look myself, but I thoroughly enjoy it and could see myself perhaps getting into it one day.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely steampunk looks. I esp love the second photo. She's gorgeous and so is her white/gold outfit. Look at that hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "lady explorer" is hand down my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool! I recently found a victorian jacket in my size, and I was seriously wondering if I could find a steampunk party or something to wear it to. I've never gotten into steampunk, but it just looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stuff! My boyfriend is planning a steampunk Mad Hatter costume for Hallowe'en this year. In my need to coordinate I think I might have to come up with some sort of steampunk Alice costume!

    ReplyDelete