Friday, June 14, 2013

Fashion and Film: State Fair (1962)

You all know that I just adore the 1945 version of State Fair so I decided the 1962 version was also worth a watch. I already knew it would have a good story line and and I do like some early 60s fashions.


This version takes place in Texas (as opposed to Idaho) so this is definitely great for those looking for some western and country inspiration. So many cute extras!


Margy has some great outfits including this matching sweater and skirt set.


 I also adored this red and white gingham day dress!


 It reminds me so much of Sense and Sensibility's 1958 Party Dress Pattern!


And of course, there's Emily, the sassy red headed city girl. I just loved this outfit! It's all yellow with white polka dots! I love the look of elbow length sleeves and short shorts. It's always nice to see sexy done without cleavage.

While the '62 version will never replace the '45 version as my favorite, I was really glad I got to watch it!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post! The early 60s did gingham dresses sooo well!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same- nothing can top the 1945 version! Jeanne Crain, Dick Haymes, Vivian Blaine and her gorgeous red hair?! Need I say more? But Ann Margaret is as gorgeous as ever in this one that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on that! I haven't wanted to see the 1962 version since I love the 40's one so much! I feel like I would be cheating on the first State Fair movie. But since Bobby Darin is on the newer version...I might just have to check it out, I kind of have a thing for him ;) But I have the hardest time watching him play opposite another leading lady besides Sandra Dee.

    Jessie Lou

    ReplyDelete