Friday, June 21, 2013

Pinspiration: 1940s Beachwear

I'm not headed anywhere beachy this summer but there's nothing wrong with enjoying a bit of beach inspiration inland! I love 40s beach wear because it's fun and youthful and easy.


I love this playsuit set! It's so cute without being too kitch.


I love the idea of a bra top with matching skirt for those super hot days.


Check out this great boating ensemble! Puff sleeved crop top and skirt. I bet she has some bloomers under there too! And love the shades. :D


I love the two tone dress on the left! It would be swell as a wrap dress!


Check out these darling skirts! The colors and prints are just divine! Please send me one of each.


And no beach outfit is complete without great shoes. I love all of the wedges down the left. Perfect for walking the beach or board walk.

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous warm weather fashions! So true, just because one doesn't have a beach nearby doesn't mean that can't dress as if they did. Summer is too hot not to be comfortable and beachwear is a great way to make that a bit more possible.

    Happy start of summer!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take them all, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vintage playsuits so much fun! This is something I would like to try and make as buying one is very expensive:) It's also not too easy finding just the right print in today's styles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun inspiration! I just made myself a playsuit, so I'm glad that the first picture validates my choice of a giant print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a new reader who loves your blog!!! When I saw this section, I just had to write-in ... I feel like an insider to this particular type of swimwear, as my parents were married in the 40s ... and it all came about, there love story, because of 1940s swimwear!

    ReplyDelete