Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Window Shopping: Confetti Earrings

There are a lot of trends in popular vintage costume jewelry. Whether it's bakelite bangles, novelty brooches, or screw back earrings, it seems like everybody has a favorite type of jewelry. Personally, I've never been much of a jewelry person but I think I've found a type of vintage jewelry I can get excited about- confetti earrings! They were popular in the 50s and 60s and are super cute.


They can be fairly simple such as these red and green square confetti filled earrings.


Or with different sizes and shapes such as these cute red and silver ones.


Sea shells were popular add ins.


Love the matching bangle! But sets do get pricey.


This pair would give just a bit of sparkle without being overwhelming.


Pink! I need a pair this color!





These earrings could also be tear drops and other shapes.


I've also found this great etsy shop, Sparkle Lux, that makes repro confetti earrings! Look at all of the pretty styles she offers! They are post backs and she even offers a sterling silver post option for those with extra sensitive ears.

Do you have confetti jewelry? What's your favorite type of vintage jewelry?

3 comments:

  1. These are so fabulously cute! I've long admired confetti pieces, too, but haven't taken the plunge yet, because I've always been worried the metal might contain nickel (which I'm really allergic to) in the posts or hardware on bracelets. I keep hoping I'll find a pair while thrifting or yard saling for a total song, that if they do bug my skin, I won't be out a lot on (and can pass along to vintage friend with less sensitive skin). I see that Sparkle Lux says their posts are hypoallergenic - I should contact them and see if that (general catchall term) guarantees they're nickel-free.

    My all-time favourite kind of vintage jewelry is classic pearls (necklaces, studs, bracelets, etc), but I really, really adore all kinds of bangles and brooches, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. My must have jewelry is a US army sweetheart or army wife brooch. Since my Grama was an army wife in WWII it makes me want one all the more!! I think I'd love to have a ladies airborne charm bracelet, too. :)

    I don't care much for vintage earrings, I mean these are so darn cute, but they'd hurt my ears like crazy. If I could find non-clip on's I'd definitely add it to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete