Friday, May 2, 2014

So What is a Playsuit Anyways?

What exactly is a playsuit? It's a set of matching or coordinating separates that make up an outfit that's perfect for outdoor activities such as sports, the beach or vacation.


They generally contain at least 3 pieces-a top, shorts and a skirt. Many include a button up skirt as worn by the ladies above that made for easy on and off.


Sometimes they contained many mix and match pieces which can be used to make a mini wardrobe perfect for a vacation.


Bra tops were very popular for beach inspired playsuits.


Rompers were also a fun feature of playsuits.


They were often made in matching fabric or with one print and a solid color found in the print.

Use these guidelines to help plan your playsuit!

5 comments:

  1. I actually just bought a good bra top for this from simplicity! http://www.simplicity.com/p-11725-misses-vintage-1950s-bra-tops.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love love love them. Its practical and pretty-two of my favorite things when it comes to clothes! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. A playsuit is one of my next projects! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband's Grandma told me they would wear the skirts when they got off the beach and went for a stroll down the boardwalk or in town because a woman wearing shorts outside of certain settings was still considered shocking! I'm so excited about this sew along. I have some great patterns that need making up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love playsuits. This is something thats been on my to-sew list for a while, I wish I had the time to join in the sew along!

    ReplyDelete