Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Best Pincurl Set Yet!

Sunday night, I pin-curled my hair using the diagrams from Lisa Freemont Street's 'Laura' hair tutorial. I was quite amazed when, Monday morning, I didn't have my usual mess of curls, but a super cute style! And I lucked out that it was the first day I've had in a long time that was below 98% humidity so it stayed in!



My bangs even cooperated and did cute little curls that (with a bit of hair putty) stayed in all day too! I got lots of complements on it at work, which made me super happy! See the original tutorial for the youtube video and pin-curl diagram.



I have learned that pin-curls work out much better when I use product and follow a diagram. It also takes a lot of practice. This is the first set that I ever felt comfortable wearing down and not pulled back. So, if you, like me, are working on perfecting vintage hair, try try again!

On a side note, Va-Voom Vintage is doing a sew along! Check it out here! If I participate (which I want to), I'll be sure to blog about my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment