It's Simplicity 8398 c. 1950. The fabric I used is not particularly retro, but it's one I had my eye on at Jo-Ann's for quite a while.
Of course, it just happened to be $14/yd. There are some things I'm willing to pay $14/yd for, but not a basic cotton no matter how pretty the print.
Luckily, I spied it in the red tag section for $7/yd and even though I think that's still high for clearance fabric, I had to have it.
And I did actually need some more dresses I could wear while shooting weddings, like I did this past Saturday. The modern print keeps the whole dress from screaming vintage too much.
It's really bad form to steal the limelight from the bride on her big day so I like to tone down my retro-ness for work purposes.
I am really glad that I did make a wearable muslin of this dress because I did make a few changes to my actual bridesmaid's dress including raising the waist .5".
I'm really starting to think that I am ever so slightly short waisted but I still love this dress and know it'll get loads of wear!
And I love even more that I got my bridesmaid's dress finished last week so no panic sewing! :D