Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Snood!

Sorry for the lack of posting lately. I've been super busy sewing my Renaissance dress. I don't have any pictures for you yet, as I've been working up until bed time every night for the last few nights. Tonight I'm taking a night off from sewing. I'm feeling pretty good about finishing it on time, but I'm dreading the hemming... It'll just be tedious.

But I did get my snood from Arthelia's Attic today. Woot!



It came beautifully wrapped in tissue paper and tied with a bow. There was also a cute little bag of candy!


Isn't that a cute business card!

The snood itself is soft and very comfortable to wear. It fits me very nicely and I'll probably secure it with just one or two bobby pins.

The bow's not supposed to be poking up like that, but that's what I get for rushing.

The color (dark mulberry) ended up being a bit more purple than I thought it would be, but especially without the bow (and I wasn't planning on wearing the bow with my Renaissance dress anyways) it matches quite well. Plus purple pops really well against my hair. And it matches my new dress that I bought a while back (when I bought the green hat) that I've been meaning to wear to show you.



I don't have quite enough hair to really fill the snood out yet, but I'm growing out my hair and can always make a hair rat until then. I also didn't do anything with my hair (and I'm not wearing any make up *gasp*) but I wanted to go ahead and show you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment