I used Vogue 8648 as a starting point and then drafted away. I really wanted to capture all of the different directions of the stripes so I changed a lot! Here's what I did:
- Raised the neckline of the front
- Drafted the waist band on to the skirt
- Lengthened the skirt
- Changed the shape of the skirt from pencil to more aline
- Drafted the back bodice from 4 pieces to 2
- Moved the zipper from the center back to the side
- Made the sleeves less poofy
- Raised the back neckline
- Added some extra space by the hips
- Adjusted the cutting layout so that my stripes lined up with Mary's dress
- back-all cut on the bias
- center front bodice-horizontal
- rest of front- vertical
The only pieces that I ended up cutting straight from the original were the bodice side front and the sleeves. But I really wanted mine just like Mary's so I put in the extra effort.
I also bought a cloche type hat and retrimmed it to be like hers! It will be getting it's own post later this week.
A better shot of the hat.
It was very pretty out today and just lovely weather for this dress.
Hey look! Matching chevrons! :)