For weddings, I like to tone down my style a bit so I wore a modern me-made dress and a 40s style hair do with dark pink lipstick.
I adore this dress and now that I've fixed the gaping at the back neckline.
Weddings for me always mean a bit of extra pocket money and it's been entirely too long since I had a new Wearing History pattern so I snagged the 1940s apron pattern and the Rita pleated shorts pattern.
Now that my gala dress is finished, I've been working on this 1915 skirt pattern. It's been.... interesting.
The directions are pretty vague and it took me a while to figure out how the closures went. Inside the skirt, I used some grosgrain ribbon for belting.
It hooks together and is covered by a flap. Then there is another flap on each side that close with hook and eyes.
Insanity! How I long for a simple zipper! The waistband ended up too big due to my haphazard attempts at grading so I made it work. Alas, the hook and eyes on this top layer still like to peak out. I hate them so much and can never get them to stay hidden. I'm sorely tempted to try and color them black with a sharpie and call it a day.
Here are all of the buttons for this skirt. Thank goodness they are all decorative so no buttonholes for me!
My birds had fun talking to their reflections in my scissors...
... and playing with my fabric stash book while I was wrestling hooks and eyes.