Monday, April 18, 2016

Spring Work Wear

Spring always puts me in the mood to wear florals! And even though I prefer solids to prints, I do have the most fabulous giant rose print and polkadot skirt for when a floral mood strikes.


About a month ago, I started a new (full time) job and I've been getting used to the new schedule and dress code. It seems like every time I feel like I'm just getting my wardrobe settled, something happens to change my wardrobe needs.


A lot of ladies are afraid to start wearing vintage because they don't know how to wear it to work. Sometimes it takes a bit of creativity but there's usually a way to add some vintage flair to your work wardrobe.


My new office's official dress code is business casual but in my area it's even more casual. Lots of people just do jeans and a polo. This is an example of my work wear.


A nice blouse and skirt combo is a winner for many dress codes. I also love adding my pearls for that extra bit of class.


Accessories are a fun way to express your style at work as well. While the brooch isn't exactly a popular accessory today, they are fun and qwirky. Starting small can help build your confidence wearing vintage at work.


I enjoy wearing crinolines with my full skirts but I leave my really huge ones for weekend wear. Big ones can be a bit impractical for work especially if you have a desk job and will have to sit on it all day!


Personally, I don't have an issue being the person in the office with a qwirky retro style. Some days I opt to wear jeans like everyone else but I really prefer skirts.


And why be boring when you can be fun? I'm in so much better of a mood at work when I'm put together and dressed like myself.


I adore cute shoes! I don't buy or keep shoes that aren't comfortable so my feet can be happy all day too. Flats are my friends in that respect but I also love a good wedge or low heel.


Hair is another fun way to add a bit of retro to your work wear especially if you have a uniform or other strict dress code restrictions. My hair is still a bit short for that at the moment though.


But that's ok since I can still twirl in a twirly skirt!


 What are your favorite ways to wear vintage at work?

9 comments:

  1. Like you, I love a good brooch (that one in your photos looks fab with the skirt and top). I also always carry a midcentury boxy handbag; it's smart yet instantly recognisable as vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like the perfect combo of cute and comfy! My new job has switched up my wardrobe needs, too. I work in retail now, and the uniform is a white collared shirt and jeans. So obviously it is a 1940s white collared shirt and Freddies and a head wrap every day, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful big skirt! Don't those always feel so great to wear! You look lovely, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that skirt! Brooches are probably my favorite way to include vintage in my everyday wardrobe. Simple, sweet, and they don't draw too much attention when you need to be more subtle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to mix vintage pieces in with contemporary as well. Trying to dress full vintage on a regular basis for work is not very practical; I need to wash and wear. Like you, wearing clothes that are comfortable, modest, and make me feel happy is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really fun skirt, I love the print!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really fun workwear look. Your seahorse brooch is incredibly sweet!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit look fun, retro and comfy! Like you said why be boring at work. BTW I'm also known as the quirky retro style gal in my office ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This outfit look fun, retro and comfy! Like you said why be boring at work. BTW I'm also known as the quirky retro style gal in my office ;)

    ReplyDelete