Tuesday, August 17, 2010

C'est fini!

I finished my apron last night! It was a very fun yet frustrating project. I did learn a lot and the next sewing project will be much easier. First up was more rick rack! Here's where I decided to get creative. I opted for two different colors of rick rack. What I didn't know was that the pattern called for a continuous strip of rick rack where I wanted to change it up. It was perhaps a bit much for a first project, but that's what happens when you decide to be creative before you look at the pattern. I made it work.


The straps were pretty easy but I did attach the first one to the apron wrong. It's fixed now! I was a bit nervous about the slip stitch, but, lo and behold, not a minute into the video tutorial, I realized that I'd done this before! woot! I did start over with this part because I realized I could do it and not have it show in the front. I'm glad I did. It looks much nicer now.


So for my apron photo, I thought I do an outfit post as well. Again, nothing I'm wearing is vintage (except, sort of, the apron) but I thought it went well with the whole doing-housework-in-pearls thing from the 50's. A woman should always be able to look glamorous!


I didn't have a wooden spoon so I grabbed a pasta scooper to pose with.

Skirt: Banana Republic
Shirt: New York and Company
Sweater: Ann Taylor
Necklace: New York and Company
Shoes: Payless
Apron: handmade by me from a vintage Butterick pattern


I look a little wonky in this pic. :/ But yay for getting contacts tomorrow!


This apron has pockets! I adore things with pockets!


The fabulous shoes my husband bought me yesterday that I cut off in my outfit pic.

3 comments:

  1. oh wow that is really adorable. Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! I think we have the same shoes! How fabulous!

    ReplyDelete