Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year's Resolution

I've been pondering some blog related New Year's resolutions. I'm not usually big on New Year's resolutions, but I think some blog goals are a good idea. So, here they are, in no particular order:

#1. Do more vintage hair styles.

My hair is finally getting longer and I want to do more vintage hair styles. I feel like a retro hairstyle is something you can do anytime, even if vintage clothes is not practical or allowed. I am studying to be a chemist and will be working in a lab. Not only is vintage clothes won't protect me appropriately at work, I can't protect vintage clothes appropriately at work! Hair, however, is up for grabs as long as it stays out of my face.

#2. Sew more! Vintage and otherwise!

I have so fallen in love with sewing in the last few months! It allows me to be so creative and fun plus I get cute clothes out of it! I really want to start making more of my own clothes and buying less premade stuff. My school schedule next semester allows me to have Mondays and Fridays off, so I plan on filling my time with sewing projects. So, this blog may become a bit more of a sewing blog, but no fear! Vintage will still be here in full force!

#3. Do more with my Youtube of the Week

Since many of my Youtube of the Weeks are tutorials, I've been wanting to do them and let you see my results. So, plan on seeing more hair and make-up looks from me.

#4. Break out onto Youtube

My husband suggested recently that I start making my own Youtube videos. Hmmmm.... what an idea. We do have web cams and a real video camera. I would like to try. I'm sure I'll feel like I sound stupid and weird on camera, but I feel that way when I leave voice mails and I haven't exactly stopped doing that. Besides, I think it's cute when Casey of Casey's Elegant Musings does her nervous laugh sometimes and when Aya of Strawberry Koi puts not only herself but her singing out there.

#5. Be better about responding to comments

I love each and every comment that I get. One can totally make my entire day! But I'm not super good about responding to them..... :/ Bad Stephanie! I love that relationship that comes from reading a blog by a blogger who is so personable. I want to have that with you guys!

#6. When in doubt, be BOLD!

I'm not exactly the most outgoing person. Actually, I can be painfully shy and self conscious. So my motto for 2011 is "When in doubt, be BOLD!"

Have a great new year!

1 comment:

  1. I actually find it much more difficult to do vintage hairstyles with longer hair!

    Best of luck to you in the new year! :)

    ReplyDelete