Now, I have a lot of free time coming up over the next few weeks (yay Christmas break!) but most of you don't have that luxury. So, I think a start date of January 1, 2o12 is much more reasonable for most people. Between now and then go ahead and start planning what you'd like to work on. (Feel free to upload some inspiration to the flickr group.) I know I'll be saving my Christmas money for some pricier bits I'll need for my projects! (And I'm getting a new sewing machine! :D ) Feel free to get started sewing earlier if you want to.
I'll also be working on the outfit libraries (and watching gobs of Downton Abbey) so stay tuned for those. Let me know if there is a particular piece you'd like to see profiled here and I'll bump it towards the top of the list.
And to get your inspiration flowing, here's my plan:
(I uploaded this one really big so you can click on it to see better!)
1. Edith's flower show dress- Love it! I've already picked up this pattern for it and have been perusing lace options for the neckline and sleeve cuffs.
2. Cora's flower show coat-I've been drooling over this coat for about a year now. I picked up a Simplicity costume pattern for it (needs some drafting though...). I've not made a coat before so this is sort of my "ambitious" project.
3. Mary's lace blouse from Season 2- I tried to keep season 2 out of my plan since I hadn't seen any of the pieces in action yet, but this lovely lace blouse is just to perfect! I've been eyeing this pattern for this piece.
4. Sybil's pink blouse- Not sure what pattern I'll start with for this but I love it.
5. Mary's mourning blouse- I've already drafted a pattern for the lovely black and white top Mary wears in S1.Ep1. Just waiting for the new machine to arrive so I can use the proper feet.
6. Mary's ruffle collar blouse- This blouse was also an early favorite. I love separates! And the collar is so dreamy!
7. Mary's garden party dress- Lace + stripes = fabulousness! And the lilac color is just dreamy. I've also been looking for lace for this dress too. Getting all of the stripes to lay right is going to be the key to recreating this look.
8. The girls' Duke visit outfits- I have to have all of these pieces in my wardrobe! I've already got fabric and have been drafting Edith's top. Mary's top I'm planning on doing from the same Folkwear pattern as her lace blouse. And Sybil's dress is just too cute with all of the embroidery and button details.
Currently all of my projects are Straight from the Show with some possible wearable muslins as Raid their Closet pieces but I'm sure there'll be some fluidity in my plans (especially as season 2 airs!). I'm also taking a trip to Disney World in early May so I'll probably start working on some of the summerier pieces earlier than I had originally planned.