Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Girl Next Door

Last night, we went over to some friends house for dinner and a bonfire. I've been a kind of meh fashion week this week (probably because the humidity has been wreaking havoc with my hair) so this cute outfit was just the antidote I needed.


For some reason I felt very girl next door-ish. I think it was the ponytail.


I adore this vintage dress! It's light and cool but not super sheer.


Pleats!


I paired them with my new 50s style shades that I snagged in the LA garment district for $5. My husband makes fun of them but he also hates the shape of modern women's shades, so I figure that if he's going to hate them either way, I may as well wear the $5 pair that I adore.


I actually wore a bit more makeup than usual. I picked up a couple of mini eyeshadow palettes from Sephora a while back and I've been feeling adventurous in the eyeshadow department since then.


All in all, a really fab outfit, but now I have to go because I have a wedding to go to today (as just a guest for once!) and yesterday, I decided that I really did want to make a new dress to wear.

3 comments:

  1. I really like the hair. My hair is almost the right length for ponytails again!! If only my layers would grow out like they're supposed to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're the girl next door, than you are definitely the most stylish gal on the block! Love the hues in this dress, they capture the spirit of the end of summer and start of autumn so beautifully.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how lovely you are!! I wish you lived next door to me, instead of my loud obnoxious neighbors who swear and yell at each other every day. :(
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete