Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Oh, a Wedding

My husband is a professional photographer (and I help) so we go to loads of weddings. Last weekend, I had the opportunity to attend a wedding as just a guest.


On Friday, I decided that I did indeed want a new dress to wear so I set about whipping up this dress.


Fabric: mystery garment district fabric ($2/yd)
Pattern: Simplicity 2509
Year: 1948
Notions: zipper ($2), buttons ($4)
First worn: August 2012
Wear again? Yes. I want to make the sash that goes with it and shorten the hem a bit. I decided that it was a bit long but I didn't have time to rehem it before the wedding.


I did view 2 on the right.


I just paired it with my normal shoes. These ones have just about kicked the bucket though. :(


I found the most adorable rose shaped buttons for this project at Jo-Anns.


I completed the outfit with a vintage hat and thrifted belt.


Me and my sassy mother-in-law.


I also met another vintage loving gal at the wedding.


Her name is Sarah and she rocked the wedding in a darling vintage 50s dress and hat.


She just started a vintage blog so pop over and say hi. Sarah has a few of our photo booth shots posted.

12 comments:

  1. So cute!! I can't believe you've made something with that fabric already!

    And YAY for a new friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! cuteee pictures :) hope u enjoyed my post including you as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. How immensely pretty! I'm in awe of people like you with the kind of sewing skills to knock of a garment like this in such a short amount of time. It's a beautiful dress (I really like the length as is, but to be fair I am partial to longer dresses and skirts) that looks fantastic on you, dear gal.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous dress! you put the outfit together so nicely for the wedding! I esp love the little fascinator, such a nice vintage piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! It was so cute. I like it much.



    Regards,
    Boracay Wedding

    ReplyDelete
  7. How neat to meet a new vintage lovin' friend! I stopped by her blog and now following it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely dress!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this pattern. You are lucky to be able to sew things like this. Have you thing about making a matching belt with the same fabric? Will look fantastic together!

    http://lostin1950.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You both look beautiful!! I have a weakness for yellow dresses though!!
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete