Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Costume College: Friday

Phew! I made it home in one piece with all my luggage (but that's a story for another day). From your comments, it looks like you enjoyed your selection of period costume drama goodness. Hopefully, you still have enough in you for more costumes!

Alas, I didn't get any pictures on Thursday so we're starting on Friday. I'll scour the interweb for Thursday pics or take some outfit shots later, but for now on to Friday!

DSC_0168

Friday was my Edwardian/Downton Abbey day! I wore my Edith's black floral blouse with a new skirt.

DSC_0171

The skirt is Butterick 9682 from 1915 which is available from Past Patterns. It came with a hand drawn copy of the pattern and a photo copy of the original directions (which were pretty sketchy). I had some issues with the waist band-first off, my grading was off and it came out too big, and second, the closures were really complicated-6 hooks and eyes and two snaps in 3 separate closures.

DSC_0174

But Edwardian closures are supposed to be complicated and it works so I'm cool with that. It's super fun to wear and has POCKETS!!

DSC_0177

Plus the whole thing has almost 70 buttons on it but, thankfully, they are all decorative. I purchased them from Yummy Treasures on etsy.

DSC_0180

And I wore my Astorias from American Duchess. I wore them all day and they were super comfy. I also got to meet Lauren R., American Duchess while I was wearing these!

Friday evening was the ice cream social so we all headed back to our rooms for a quick costume change.

DSC_0222

I wore my Lady Mary's Garden Party dress with faux pearls, vintage crochet gloves and my Astorias again.

DSC_0192

The lovely Ginger of Scene in the Past in a fabulous regency dress.

DSC_0212

Beth of V is for Vintage in a darling Edwardian nautical ensemble.

DSC_0208

The Edwardian gals together.

DSC_0230

Lauren M. of Wearing History in an amazing plaid bustle dress. Check out her plaid matching skills!

DSC_0232

Isn't she a vision?


And it wouldn't be Costume College without some silliness.

DSC_0228

DSC_0196


If you've ever wondered how to get your train to look great for a picture, this is how you do it.

I was bad and didn't actually take any pictures at the Ice Cream Social or the market place grand opening which was right afterwords but here's one of me I found on Flickr.

Costume College 2012 - Friday

4 comments:

  1. How neat! Everything looks so lovely! I think your Lady Edith look is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so good, I haven't even downloaded my photos yet! SO good meeting you this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Period costume heaven if ever there was! I adore your Edwardian look, and really enjoyed seeing everyone else's great outfits, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete