I ended up only boning the center front where the busk would be but it was helpful in fitting! I used 1" seam allowances for easy of pinching and pinning. This is the final fit right side out. It ended up being big in the hips and bust. lol Go figure!
I chose a stripey cotton for the muslin because it was a bit thicker and stronger with no stretch.
My lacing strips sure came in handy! The lacing gap isn't perfectly parallel but I think with the real deal, we'll have more squishing power and it'll be ok. Plus, I don't really want to change the shape too much.
The only other change I'll need to make is take .5" or so off the top since it is poking up too high.
My coutil has arrived so I can get started soon! I'm so excited! :D