Friday, October 31, 2014

Fall Fun

Fall has been pretty much amazing this year! Which is great because this will be my last midwestern fall. Usually we only get a handful of nice days and we're already in sad dead winter already but fall lingered longer this year!


So I grabbed one of my favorite dresses to play around in the leaves! This all started with last weekend's wedding when we shot some great shots in the most amazing pile of orange leaves.


 We were on a time crunch so I didn't have time to sneak outfit pictures in the leaves but I soooo wanted to run and play in them! It didn't help that the weather was perfect.


So I just had to find some leaves to play in! Not having a yard, I don't have to rake up leaves but I don't have piles of leaves to play in either.


Thankfully, we found an obliging tree behind the condos next door. It wasn't quite a pile but they were deliciously crunchy!


Yay leaves!!!


You might notice something else new-glasses! A while back, I won a free pair of glasses in a giveaway and I choose these red frames. When they arrived, I wasn't quite sure they were me so I didn't wear them a lot.


But I decided new things are good and I wore them out. And they are pretty much awesome! I still love my old glasses for vintage looks better but options are always great.


 Have you tried anything new for fall?

5 comments:

  1. Somehow, you always make vintage styles that I look at and think that I would look matronly in, VERY stylish and cute. How do you do it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress! The plaid accents are such a great touch, especially for the fall and Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress is so lovely, the little plaid accents are endearing. My new things for fall/winter are a few plaid flannel skirts fresh off the sewing machine.

    She Knits in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling dress! And I hope you enjoy our last midwest fall!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this same dress, and it's one of my favorites too! Inspired by Ann Miller's dress in On the Town. :) I usually wear mine in winter, but you have made me think twice about that! You look fabulous!
    ~xoxo, CoriLynn

    ReplyDelete