Monday, October 27, 2014

Click!

I'm so excited because not only do I have an outfit post for you but it also includes my latest sewing project-which I love! I'm so excited to get back to sewing! It's been a crazy costuming season and it's nice to have a quick easy project.


Tada! It's a camera skirt! I excitedly purchased this fabric earlier this year but then had cutting anxiety. I couldn't decide what I wanted to make from it! It's a novelty quilting cotton in a directional print so I needed a specific type of project to make it work.


 I was also looking back at my old pixie photos from the beginning of summer trying to decide if I wanted to chop off my hair again already. (Answer: not yet!) And I saw my playsuit from the sew along and I knew that that's what this print wanted to be.


So there will be a matching blouse at some point in time. You know, once I decide on buttons and make bias facing, but the dirndl skirt was ready to go in time for the wedding last Saturday. I opted for a side zipper instead of a button placket because I felt the print was way too busy for that many buttons.


The colors in the skirt include some of my favorites-orange, chartreuse and mint! I went with orange and teal (close enough to mint right?) to pull the outfit together. And it was great to get to pull out my orange lippy again! Seriously, orange has become one of my favorite colors to wear.


I went for classy and quiet for accessories since I was already supporting loud colors and a loud print. I got oodles of compliments on my outfit the whole day! It made me so happy that I finally got to make something from this great print.


There's nothing quite like a new outfit to make a girl feel amazing!

14 comments:

  1. That's so great - perfect for a photographer's wife! Those are some of my favorite colors too. Where did you get the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great print and a wonderful skirt! Love the cameras so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomely lovely skirt!!! Last year I paid a pretty princely sum for a vintage 1950s photography related novelty print skirt to honour the roll that photography plays in mine and my husband's lives (which you can of course relate to big time). I haven't blogged about it yet, but I know that just right occasion to do so will come along and then I'll debut it on the blog.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny I looked at that fabric yesterday! That outfit is just as cute as you are in it. Why is your jewelry always perfect? I love everything about the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My jewelry secret is that everything goes with pearls!

      Delete
  5. That is such a great outfit! Those are some of my favorite colors too. And I have those same shoes also! Except mine are old now :( I can't seem to get rid of them, I just love them too much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh those colors! So dreamy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that color combo, what a great print and skirt combo. Also, those earrings are just darling and your photo of them is just adorable.

    She Knits in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic use of fabulous fabric and the colour combo is great!! Can't wait to see the matching blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic print, I love the skirt and how you've styled it. I love novelty prints that reflect hobbies and vocations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOODNESS! What a print!! I may need to get my hands on some of that! As my husband collects cameras!

    I also love how you've styled this, as Frances mentioned! All of the bright colors are too fun!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found you on WeSewRetro! Love this outfit. I can't get enough! I was hoping you'd tell us on your blog where you found the fabric. Okay, gotta know! Where'd you find the fabric! Awesome colors.

    ~ Tam Francis ~
    www.girlinthejitterbugdress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Micheal Miller fabric and I got it from fabric.com. It's still available in this and one other colorway: https://www.fabric.com/SearchResults2.aspx?Source=Header&SearchText=camera&CategoryID=1d5f47dc-9991-4088-93f3-26a376046a5e

      Delete
  12. That print is gorgeous! And I love how well the outfit goes together, and your perfect accessories!

    ReplyDelete