Monday, June 15, 2015

When Sewing and Acronyms Meet

Rochelle of Lucky Lucille is hosting a summer sew along! It's the Vintage Inspired Four Piece Mini Capsule Wardrobe challenge or VIFPMCW for short. The idea is to create set of mix and match pieces for summer-two tops and two bottoms. I was on the fence about joining in but then I spied the most fabulous fabric at JoAnns and now I'm in.


A lovely tropical print shirting and some coordinating red shirting. Yummy!


I'm planning on making a skirt from Butterick 6309 and also a blouse from this fabric but not sure what pattern for that one.


I'll be making a blouse from Simplicity 3144 in this red shirting. For my second pair of bottoms, I'll be using my red capris that I already have.



In other sewing news, I also picked up some yummy yellow eyelet and some white cotton to line it but I haven't decided what to sew with it! A 40s day dress? A 50s shirt waist dress? A 40s summer suit? A 50s two piece dress? Let me know what you think. I have about 4 yds.

3 comments:

  1. Joann really does have some great tropical prints right now, I'm especially loving the the flamingo prints I've found over the past few months. For the yellow eyelet I like the idea of either the 50's shirtwaist (maybe with contrasting skirt?) or a two piece dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is thoroughly fantastic! I just know that anything you make with it is going to look sensational!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eyelet fabric automatically makes me think of summer. A play suit would look super cute in yellow the sleeveless shirt and a skirt to go with it.

    ReplyDelete