Friday, February 18, 2011

Swing Dress Sew-along and what else I've been up to

Here is my swing dress so far:

I just adore this fabric! I decided to go for a contrasting waistband and ties to mimic a sash.

Top stitching! I'm not usually too good at this, but I've been practicing.

Wednesday, I went over to my friend Amy's house and we dug into her crafting gooddies and got crafting. I made two headbands, two hair clips and one broach. She had a lovely collection of ribbons and vintage buttons.

I also got a new toy last week!

Yup, it's an iPhone. :) I love my technology.

I also picked up this stylish plaid case for it. I figure if it gets too dirty, I can always recover it with some other fabric.

And here's a sneak peak of a project I've been up too. I hope to get it finished soon!

Looks yummy, doesn't it?

I also did a bit of shopping and should have some goodies to show you as soon as they arrive in the mail. :D

Have you been sewing or crafting or thrifting lately?

2 comments:

  1. Your swing dress is coming along so nicely. I love the fabric choice and can't wait to see the finished dress. (I am terribly behind . . . and have been spending a bit too much time looking for inspiration rather than sewing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour combination & the fabric,very pretty!The hairclips,headbands & brooch are all gorgeous.You have reminded me that i should stop being slack & finish my hair flowers that i have laying on my dressing table:)

    ReplyDelete