Thursday, March 17, 2011

My St. Patty's Day Tradition

So today is national get drunk and be Irish day (better known as St. Patrick's Day). But I have two problems- I don't drink beer and I'm not Irish! So I don't care to participate. I have, however, come up with my own tradition for St. Patty's Day.

I don't wear green! It's a nice foil for all of the rockus green-tights, knee socks, hats, tank tops, capes and tiaras out there...(And yes I did see all of the above on people today).

Outfit:
Sweater: New York and Company
Skirt: handmade
Crinoline: handmade/re-purposed
Shoes: Payless

I also did my hair today using Solanah's tutorial. Pretty good for a first go around.

I took pictures of my hair this morning before I left for class and I'm sure glad I did. Look at how much it had flattened by the end of the day! It was pretty windy today and it just killed my curls. :(

And I wore red lipstick all day! It wasn't as much drama as I thought it would be. I just have to leave it be and not bother with it every five minutes.

4 comments:

  1. I like your outfit much better than the leprechaun get ups I saw people prancing around in :) There's something soft and romantic about the colour of your top, your hair, and your rose-printed skirt. Lovely. Lastly, can I just say I am SO jealous of how long and green that grass beneath your feet is!!!???!! The snow just melted here. Hopefully, greenery will be coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous skirt, love the fabric and its perfect for twirling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that skirt so much. So pretty :D And you hair turned out really cute. Darn that wind haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog, keep it up. I've been trying to figure out who you make me think of, I'm torn between 2 people from the Mona Lisa Smile. Either Gennifer Goodwin or Marcia Gay Harden. Sewing is not a fine art, its trial and error!

    ReplyDelete