Friday, October 28, 2011

Mail Order!

One of my good friends gave me a whole bunch of cute vintage patterns that were found while thrifting! It appears that they were the pattern collection of one Mrs. Herman Schelling. I don't know anything about her except that had great tastes in fashion and was a 20 1/2 or 22 1/2. Oh, and she subscribed to a mail order pattern company.





I told you that she had great fashion sense! And I still have tons of more patterns from her.

I can't wait to make some of these lovelies up!

3 comments:

  1. Cute, I really like 3331. Fun pockets. I love mail order patterns, especially with the original envelope so you can see where they lived, where the pattern came from. Definitely gives you more of the sense that you're holding a real piece of history in your hands that someone ordered. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome patterns! I really like 4675! Can't wait to see some of them sewn up. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what great finds, I'm totally jealous! I'm in love with the asymmetrical shirtdress (9482)! And the neckline and pockets on the last one - so cute!

    ReplyDelete