Sunday, October 2, 2011

A feather in your cap

I just adore hats and now that I'm finally working again, I'm putting forth some effort to acquire some nice vintage ones. I'd love to learn some real millinery techniques, but right now I so do not need another hobby. I recently bought two lovelies from The Vintage Hat Shop and here is the first of them.

The awesome feather is totally what sold me on this lovely pink 50s hat. I knew right away that it would go great with my floral circle skirt and I was right! I got gobs of compliments on it when I wore it to church today.

Please pardon the leggings. It was a balmy 38F when we left the house this morning and I didn't have any brown or white tights.

Here's a side view! I just adore it! I also tried out my Kat Von D eyeliner and lipstick today and both did really well! I was super impressed with the staying power of this lipstick even without lip liner! I'll do a real product review soon.

7 comments:

  1. Aww, pretty! :) I really love the outfit with the roses skirt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for hats! I love how it looks with the outfit--very pretty. :) I think the feather is my favorite aspect of the hat; but then again, I have a weakness for hats with feathers (and not enough in my collection!). ;)

    Can't wait for your review on the lipstick! I've been eyeing them every time I go to Sephora. Not that I need another red/pink lipstick... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look lovely! The hat is perfect with the floral skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! And the hat is lovely too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this hat!!! such a pretty colour and the FEATHER! Oh, how I love the feather!

    ReplyDelete