Italian Striped Gown
I'm working on my first non-English gown inspired mainly by the stripey dresses in this two portraits.
Antoni Faslol: Paola Gualdo and Daughters (1560s) and Sofanisba Anguissola: Three Siblings with Dog (1590)
So far, I've completed the bodice and attached the skirt.
I decided on side back lacing so there were gobs of eyelets!
I used quite a fun fabric to line the bodice. I'm not sure on trim or sleeve style yet but I'm working on it.
Elizabethan Court Gown
After the big makeover in January, this dress stilled needed to be trimmed!
I've trimmed the neckline with green cotton velvet and a gold lace trim.
The same trim goes down the center front opening of the skirt and around the bottom of the skirt.
I'm not sure how I'm going to trim the sleeves. I still have to remove the old trim but I'm not quite sure what to do.
Fitted English Gown
I've finished up my fitted English gown! Woot! It's made of blue wool and trimmed in velvet.
The bodice is lined in silk/cotton blend and the skirt in black and orange linen.
It has these great pocket slits!
And to go with a pocket slit, a pocket! Pockets like this were quite popular in the 18th century but there is evidence of them in 16th century Italy. And I think they are rather practical.
And I also got a pair of American Duchess Stratfords! *Swoon*
I can't wait to wear them!!