Thursday, November 25, 2010

Plaid is Rad

I love shopping and sewing! And I've been doing both lately! I picked up a cute pattern for a dress and the cover had one made out of plaid material. I instantly fell in love with the design made by the plaid on the piece and set out to make my own. I finished it yesterday and wore it out for Thanksgiving today!

Dress: Handmade by me
Sweater: New York and Company
Cami: Banana Republic
Shoes: White House Black Market
Tights: ??? probably Walmart

My hubby also took me out shopping last night as an early Christmas present! I got some super good deals.

I got this red sweater for $20 and a white one in the same style. You can't see, but it has super cute rhinestone buttons! And it's super soft and warm. I actually got hot wearing it and that never happens to me!

I also got these *fabulous* oxford style booties for $30 at White House Black Market! AHHHH! Originally $108!!! I've been thinking about getting a pair of oxford style heals so these were just perfect. They make me super tall and I can actually walk in them as long as I'm on a firm surface (ie not in the grass).

Here is my dress sans sweater. Isn't the way the plaid lies just divine? It's far from perfect but I was very happy with it.

I felt quite stylish today. Did you dress up for the holiday? Or do you prefer comfy, more practical clothes for turkey day?

1 comment:

  1. I love this plaid dress so much! I love mixing plaid on the bias and straight grain, and having it on the bias on the side panels is smart since it'll give a little and fit your hips snugly. Such a cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete