Sunday, September 11, 2011

FESA and FPC Sewing Plan

So, I have had a general idea of what I wanted to sew and knit for fall but with both the FESA and FPC in full swing, it's probably past time for me to actually peg down my plans.

1. Sailor Playsuit Pants

I've already completed one pair of these lovelies drafted from Wearing History's 1940s Sailor Girl Playsuit shorts and am planning another in the leftover monk fabric.

Colors: #1 grey #2 brown

2. Librarian Circle Skirt

I'm planning a librarian themed circle skirt for Casey's Circle Skirt Sew Along.

Colors: brown

3. Candice Sweater

This will be my first sweater! :)

Colors: Purple (though quite a bit darker than the one in my palette)

4. 1950s style Jumper a la Audrey Hepburn

Inspired by this photo:

I've tracked down some suitable fabric and a 1950s retro pattern to create this little lovely.

Colors: grey

5. Fingerless gloves and Neck warmer

I've already finished knitting one of the cabled fingerless gloves! Should be great for those chilly walks to school

Colors: sea green

6. 1940s skirt suit

I'm whipping up the skirt and jacket from this pattern:

in the same microhoundstooth as my completed pants.

Colors: grey

Bonus projects:

These are only if I have time projects.

7. Mary's blouse

I'm planning on reproducing the blouse Lady Mary is wearing in this photo:

using this pattern:

Colors: ivory and mauve

8. Suit blouse

The suit pattern above comes with a blouse pattern that I may try.

Colors: sea green or purple or mauve

9. Hats

If I'm really inspired, I'll take another crack at millinery.

3 comments:

  1. Great plans! I love the Audrey Hepburn jumper, that photo is so pretty and the pattern looks very cute! I've been thinking of making a jumper (more like a skirt with suspenders) for ages and was given a possible fabric today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great plans. I love lists, and reading other peoples lists are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have both of those sewing patterns (the 50's dress and 40's suit) I haven't had a chance to get around to them yet, so I'm going to live vicariously through you ;)

    ReplyDelete