Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Triple Play

So here's my SSS day 7, and my first project for FESA and FPC:

Pants! Woot! My first really successful pair!

Fabric: 2 yds of microhoundstooth in some kind of cotton ($7/yd)
Pattern: Wearing History Sailor Playsuit shorts drafted into pants
Year: 1940s
Notions: zipper ($2), bias tape (from stash)
Time to complete: 3 hours
First worn: September 2011
Wear again? Yups! These pants are so comfy! I've dubbed them my retro sweat pants because they are warm and comfy like sweat pants but oh so much more stylish. I am going to add belt loops since they look so awesome with a belt.

Total cost: $16

The best thing about these pants-facing finished with bright pink bias tape! I used this color partly because it's awesome but also partly because that's what I had on hand.

After I bought this fabric, I realized that almost all of my neutral shoes are brown. So I just had to have a grey pair. ;)

I love this blouse because it closes with a zipper! I really want to try a zipper closure on a blouse. I never have to worry about gaping with this blouse.

And because I know you all were just dying to see my butt, here it is. And these pants make it look pretty good if I say so myself.

7 comments:

  1. Good for you!!. They look great! I started sewing on my wool skirt for FESA today when I noticed a wet spot in front of the ironing table...yup our water heater bled out on us. Here is hoping tomororrow goes a little more smoothly. Will you be sewing tomorrow? Can't wait to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lynn- I won't be sewing tomorrow. My day starts at 9 am and ends at 9 pm on Thursday, although I might squeeze in some knitting while watching Project Runway. Hope your water heater is fixed quickly and is not too expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What stylish and lovely trousers! I love them so much and they do look really comfy (perfect for Autumn!!) Great job!!! Makes me want to make some more trousers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You fit those pants so well! I'm really blown away by how flattering they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pants, I love the pink finishing! Also, cute hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some really nice SSS looks here. Very nice trousers, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your trousers are lovely!! I love your hair colour too! You are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete