Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fabric Destash Goodies!

 On Saturday, I went to my friend's fabric destash and came home with some goodies.


Top to bottom: Dark blue special occasion fabric (>5 yds) for next Ren Fest dress?, red velvet/velveteen (1.5 yd), Yummy green linen/linen look (3.3 yds) to make a hot weather/peasant-y Ren Fest outfit, grey suiting (1 yd), wine special occasion fabric (1 2/3 yd), pleather remnants to play with/make stuff for my husband's Ren Fest costume, white eyelet (1.3 yds)


This blue square polka dot fabric was partially made up into a dress. I'm hoping to finish it later this year for a fun summer dress.


I think my favorite fabric find of the day is this lovely rusty red herringbone wool partially finished cape. From what I can tell, it's mostly just two lengths of fabric stitched together with a neck tie. I'm not sure who my friend was making this for because she's tinier than me and this is HUGE! I'm planning on taking it apart and making this Eva Dress pattern.









Unfortunately, many of my friend's vintage patterns had been damaged by water but I did snag this Simplicity pattern. I'm not a huge fan of view 1 or 2 but 3 is just darling!


I loved the fun pockets and 40s feel of this 80s skirt pattern.


I choose this wedding/bridesmaid dress pattern to use as a base for Edwardian evening gowns. The neckline and back neckline need some adjusting and the waistline can easily be lowered but I think it's a good place to start from.



Yummy Elizabethan and Renaissance undergarment pattern by Period Patterns.


Look at all of the historical info included!

I also grabbed tons of bias binding and some lace.

She had probably 8 tables covered in fabric, one for patterns, one for notions and trims, one for linens and some other odds and ends. She wasn't able to bring all of her fabric (and there was lots still left over) so there is likely to be another destash day soon.

7 comments:

  1. What a haul! That cape is something else. Are you going to do just the cape from the Eva Dress pattern, or multiple pieces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try and squeeze both the skirt and cape from this material but we'll see.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear there will be a repeat sale maybe! I'm so bummed I missed this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what a haul! And a win, win for you and your friend. The red wool herringbone will be brilliant in that Eva Dress Pattern..Brilliant. Will you be entering her contest? I think you should...but no pressure babe:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I wasn't going to but since this fabric just dropped itself in my lap, I may change my mind.

      Delete
  4. Wow that is a friend I would like to have! I totally love the view 3 on that first pattern too, it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I missed you on Sat. It would have been fun, looks like you got some great things. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete