Saturday, February 4, 2012

Cora's Closet: Purple Day Dress



Cora has some delightful dresses including this purple number with white blouse.


DowntonAbbeyCora

 
The lovely trims really make this dress. Buttons with faux button holes, wavy trim and a stylish brooch. Create the wider section of trim on the skirt by running two rows of trim down the front. While this is likely a dress, you could easily make it into separates for a more versatile costume. The look could also be switched up by using a different undershirt. I've noticed that Cora and Violet do this a lot.


4 comments:

  1. Amazing dresses! I love Dowton Abbey :D


    My blog:http://alicecloset-sewing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny because I always thought this dress was brown! I think this is one of my favourites from the series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Debi, I kind of always thought it was brown. Though that doesn't change how much I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... now that I look at it again, it does look kind of brown. It's sure a deliciously odd shade, whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete