Thursday, March 22, 2012

Vintage and Knitting

I finished another knitting project from A Stitch in Time Vol. 2! I decided to go with something a bit more simple this time around and knitted a beret! I wasn't exactly thinking about what I could wear this with when I picked out my color of yarn but it happens to go great with this vintage dress.


This dress is something I haven't been able to fit into for a while but I put it on this week and it makes me feel amazing! No supportive undergarments needed.

DSC_0062

I just pinned the beret onto my curled and brushed out hair and it looks super cute.

DSC_0076

This pattern called for the hat to be knitted flat and then sewn up the back. My back seam was really ugly but the bow covers it nicely.

DSC_0073


It was quite simple to knit up. Just knit stitches and the decreases made a lovely swirl pattern on the top.


And can I just say that it is really hard to photograph the back/top of your own head!


I hope the weather cools off so I can wear this beret again before summer hits. (It's knit out of wool.)

My computer has been acting really weird the last couple of days and I think it may be on it's last leg. I'm going to try and use it as long as it will last but if I disappear for many days, it probably kicked the bucket. I get facebook on my iPhone so feel free and pop over to my facebook page to stay up with all things Girl with the Star-Spangled Heart.

8 comments:

  1. I've made one of those too, and in virtually the same colour! Isn't it a great pattern? Mine was a gift, but I enjoyed knitting it so much I plan to make one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, both the dress and the beret!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little beret! I think you might like to see this weeks "The Lady" magazine (which is available online http://www.lady.co.uk/ ) it has a great looking retro fashion feature. Good luck with your computer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable beret and that dress is uh-mazing! The little collar and everything is so adorable. Congratulations for fitting back into it!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! i love how it looks with that cute dress! i also just adore that color of blue
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely beret and it matches the dress perfectly! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's lovely!! I think berets are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete