Friday, March 30, 2012

50s Casual

 Today I rocked the 50s casual look for class/hanging around the house.


Top: me made
Jeans: Lee @ Kohls
Scarft: thrifted

I'm super excited about these jeans. My old pair of modern jeans were on their last leg so I found this pair at Kohls. I wasn't particularly looking for a high waisted pair since they usually fit terribly but I slid this pair on and they fit great! Untucked, they look very modern and tucked the look a bit 50s especially when I roll up the legs to capri length.


I love my 50s back button blouse! I need like 5 or 6 more in my wardrobe!


I wasn't too bright last night and didn't set my hair thinking I could do it today. Normally that wouldn't be a problem but I'm running low on bobby pins (seriously, do they grow legs and walk away??) and had to do mostly sponge rollers. After quite a bit of finagling, I got them all up under this cute vintage scarf.


I have a feeling that this simple look will be a summer staple!

14 comments:

  1. SO Chic! I love that top too! And I totally know what you mean about bobby pins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! That blouse is adorable.

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the back button blouse! In my early days of vintage, I wanted to make some so badly but was always nursing one of my babies. I need to sew some this summer. Also, the jeans are too cute!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great :) I love the blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This should become a summer staple because it is soooo... adorable on you it makes me want to scream:) Simply Fabulous darling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a super cute look! And yes, bobby pins do indeed grow legs.

    So I just realized you have already been nominated for the Sunshine Award, but I nominated you again anyway! Check out my post here (http://cationdesigns.blogspot.com/2012/03/catching-up-on-blog-awards.html) to pick up the award. Thanks for all the time and effort you put into writing a quality blog; I have greatly enjoyed reading it and learning from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWWW! i love your red shoes! great outfit

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how some modern pieces have a very non-intentional vintage look to them. I got a pair of levis capris, thrifted, that are so 50's. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute Outfit, I think the Sock Monster (the one that lives around the wash room and takes your other sock when you aren't looking) also has a thing for bobby pins mine always disappearing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute. We have a photo of my Grammy at the beach in a very similar outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the blouse, so pretty with the polka dots and back buttons! Also, you totally rock the hair scarf look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very sweet outfit. I particularly love the back buttoned blouse too! The colour and polka dots combined with the white buttons, just lovely:)

    ReplyDelete